[dnscap-users] Upcoming license change

Jerry Lundström jerry at dns-oarc.net
Tue Oct 11 12:29:13 UTC 2016

Greetings all,

The DNS-OARC team have reviewed the licenses used in our projects and
since the DNSCAP project now falls under the Public category we will be
changing license in the near future, for more information please see
Licenses in this blog post [1].

For these projects we want to use the GNU Affero General Public License
[2] (AGPLv3+), this license is like GPLv3 but has one addition [3] to it
that fits our network centric industry quite well.

As most of our software today is in 2 or 3-clause BSD [4] we want to
move to a stronger license in the open source sense, ensure cooperation
with the community and to prepare for it to be included in major
distributions.

Cheers,
Jerry

[1] https://medium.com/@dnsoarc/development-issue-1610-999f64c5cad