[dnscap-users] DNSCAP release 1.2.0
jerry at dns-oarc.net
Thu Oct 27 14:46:55 UTC 2016
This is release 1.2.0 of DNSCAP.
Update `pcap-thread` to v1.2.0 to get the new callback queue mode which
puts that mode into using pthread conditions if all pcaps are offline
and keeps us from losing packets.
Use `pcap_thread_dropback()` callback to get the notification when a
packet was dropped because the queue was full, indicating that we can't
process all the packets. Added this stats to the `-S` output as total
and per interface as `ptdrop`. Changed the output for each interface to
not cut of information, for example interface name was cut to 4 characters.
- Add extended options `-o <option>=<value>` because we are running out
of short options.
- Better handling of library checks and automake rules
- New option `-F <format>` to specify the format of the output in `-w`
- Add experimental CBOR output support
- LDNS is used to parse the packets
- Tinycbor is used to construct the CBOR output
- DNS-in-JSON draft  for representing the objects
- Check CBOR topic in README.md for more information
- When only reading offline pcap files it will not attempt to drop
privileges and add new option `-N` to explicitly not drop privileges.
f42e23f Extended options and CBOR output format
a28f498 Fix #24: Handle packet drops
2308eaa Fix #26: Unable to drop GID to nobody, exiting.
82d65f2 Update pcap-thread to v1.1.2
More information about the dnscap-users