[dns-operations] Seeking Advice: RIPEstat no longer recognizes my sub-zone under .university

Pirawat WATANAPONGSE pirawat.w at ku.th
Mon Sep 7 07:52:45 UTC 2020

Dear all <anycast>,

First of all, my apologies if my topic is wrong for this mailing list.
If that’s the case, please kindly point me to the site/community that can
help me.

Today [2020-09-07],
I notice that one of our zones, “kasetsart.university”, is no longer
recognized by the RIPEstat Tool Suite [Reference:
https://stat.ripe.net/widget/reverse-dns-ip#w.resource=158.108.216.5],
although (I believe that) we have set it up the same way as any other zones
under our care.

The thing is... the suite used to work just fine until today.

Background information: the “domain” in question is registered with GoDaddy
[Reference: https://bgp.he.net/dns/kasetsart.university#_whois]

Myself being a definite Amateur Level at this, I am out of my depth as to
how to further investigate this ‘symptom’.

Therefore, I would like to humbly ask the following questions:
1. How can I know where the problem lies: Is it my own authoritative
servers, or the “university” zone servers, or the RIPEstat Suite? Or is
there a ‘domain-war’ going on that I am not aware of?
2. What are the effects to that zone from the outsiders’ point-of-view? Is
my zone now ‘invisible’ to the outside world?

Thanks in advance for all the help on this matter.

Best regards,

Pirawat.

--
        _/_/      _/_/ _/_/       _/_/ Assist.Prof. Pirawat WATANAPONGSE,
Ph.D.
Pirawat.W at ku.ac.th
   _/_/  _/_/     _/_/       _/_/ Tel: +66 2 797 0999 extension 1417
  _/_/    _/_/    _/_/_/_/_/_/ Fax: +66 2 579 6245
_/_/      _/_/      _/_/_/_/    http://www.cpe.ku.ac.th/~pw/