[dns-operations] New OARC Chat Platform

Ondřej Surý ondrej at sury.org
Tue Aug 25 05:08:11 UTC 2020

OARC has provided the Jabber server for as long as I remember. There are things where a communica without delay is much better platform than email.

As an example the open-source DNS vendors have number of channels where we regularly chat about issues we have in common, but we also use specific channels when working on Internet Drafts.

Internally, the various OARC teams, program committee and board use the platform to talk to each other.

It’s not required to use the chat platform, but it certainly has its use.

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej at sury.org> (He/Him)