[dns-operations] New OARC Chat Platform

Fred Morris m3047 at m3047.net
Tue Aug 25 02:30:12 UTC 2020

I think the question has to be: why would someone be joining this chat
channel and who would they be?

I am not a member of any OARC chat channel; the mailing list is immediate
enough for me. It also has durability. I know some chat platforms claim
durability, but /that's only if you're a member/. What if you're looking
for THE venue? How will you find it? How much time do you have?

How durable do you want your chat to be? Are people supposed to "search
chat"? What is that? Why should it strive for durability?

I have specific issues with Slack, in particular surrounding the inability
to hide my "onlineness" from one stakeholder group versus another (they
might not be in the same "fire"). No, we are not better, together.

Slack, and the "commonly used platforms" are mostly heavily marketed and
hoping for that magic "disruption" a.k.a. "market dominance".

OARC, you keep on being your bad selves.

--

Fred Morris