[dns-operations] glitch on [ip6|in-addr].arpa?

Frank Louwers frank at tembo.be
Thu Oct 10 14:47:42 UTC 2019

Hi Warren,

> The lack of peering with a network doesn't prevent my accessing them,
> it just means that my packets take a sub-optimal[0] route.
> The above doesn't look like that at all, it looks like $something else
> (like dropped fragments), which is completely different to not
> peering[1].
>

> I feel like I haven't had my morning coffee, and am missing something
> wildly obvious here -- please, what it is?
> [0]: Well, sub-optimal in terms of number of AS's, not necessarily in
> terms of congestion, latency, reliability, geography, etc.

You don't peer with HE, but you buy transit from a company that does peer with HE.

Neither Cogent or HE buy transit from anybody else. They only peer and have customers. They don't buy "fallback" traffic.

Now if Cogent refuses to peer with HE (or the other way around), and they both don't buy traffic from anybody else, they can't reach each other...

Frank