[dns-operations] DNSViz - technical difficulties

Arsen STASIC arsen.stasic at univie.ac.at
Wed Apr 17 07:25:30 UTC 2019

Hi Casey,

* Casey Deccio <casey at deccio.net> [2019-04-16 14:05 (-0700)]:
>> On Apr 16, 2019, at 7:15 AM, Arsen STASIC <arsen.stasic at univie.ac.at> wrote:
>> Unfortunately for the last days no historical data is available
>
>Sorry about that.  Unfortunately, there are some issues with the database hardware at the moment, and limited manpower/resources mean that it takes time to get it back online.  We do anticipate some stability in the near future, but the transition is taking a bit longer than we anticipated.

Thanks for all the effort you and dns-oarc is putting into this. It's
highly appreciated.

>> and DNSKEYs can't be added.
>
>What do you mean by this?  Do you mean that you cannot enter your own non-root trust anchors to the analysis, or do you mean that you can't (or don't want to) add DNSKEYs into your system, or do you mean something else?

I use it for predelegation DNSSEC testing purposes. I add the DNSKEY for
the domain I'm testing.
Maybe this would be a feature request: to add the DS to figure out if it
would match the DNSKEY of the child. I think you have intended it for own
non-root trust anchors, but I use this feature slightly different.

Cheers,
arsen