[dns-operations] NeoDNS : A new DNS like the one we know

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Aug 29 18:45:33 UTC 2016

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 11:08:58AM -0700,
 David Conrad <drc at virtualized.org> wrote
 a message of 69 lines which said:

> I'm curious: how does waving the magic blockchain wand around
> address two non-cooperating entities wanting the same name in a
> "fair" manner

The blockchain implements First Come First Served without the need for
an organisation to manage the registry. So, it works between
"non-cooperating entities": one will have the name, the other will
have to admit defeat. Whether or not FCFS is "fair" is a matter of
opinion.