[dns-operations] DEV TLD?

Warren Kumari warren at kumari.net
Thu Sep 10 12:19:55 UTC 2015

On Thursday, September 10, 2015, Patrik Fältström <paf at frobbit.se> wrote:

> On 9 Sep 2015, at 23:36, Rubens Kuhl wrote:
>
> > Google Registry (.dev registry operator) might be sympathetic to the
> situation of those domains, so even though they are following regulations,
> it might be worth reaching out.
>
> In such a discussion I would also recommend including Warren Kumari. He is
> at Google and also SSAC member and can add some spice to the discussion...

Hmmmmm... Warren is trying to figure out if the "spice" comment is a
compliment or not... :-p

So, I'm not seeing any issue here. Someone put in an NS to a non active TLD
- ain't nothing the .dev registry can or should do... I could reach out the
Whois in the original domain letting them know that their domain is busted,
but they probably already knew that ...

(Traveling and with limited connectivity/ brainpower)

--
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad idea in
the first place.