[dns-operations] DEV TLD?

Paul Vixie paul at redbarn.org
Fri Sep 11 05:41:22 UTC 2015

Warren Kumari wrote:

> So, I'm not seeing any issue here. Someone put in an NS to a non
> active TLD - ain't nothing the .dev registry can or should do... I
> could reach out the Whois in the original domain letting them know
> that their domain is busted, but they probably already knew that ...

i *think* there's cause for policy here.

as in, an icann accredited registrar should be required, as of the next
revision to that agreement, to remove NS RR's that point at known
non-working addresses such as 127.0.53.53.

that may be something to bring up in the context of your ICANN SSAC
participation.

i know i don't like being fooled into sending queries to
behind-my-firewall addresses.

--
Paul Vixie