[dns-operations] different dns servers for different domains.

Edward Peschko horos11 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 21:56:11 UTC 2014

hmm. that seems a bit more involved to me than what I'm looking for. I
don't control the remote name servers in question.

When you type, e.g. ping www.yahoo.com, it isn't too many steps away
from doing a lookup based off resolv.conf. Hell, in fact it is *one*
step AFAICT, after hostname lookup via /etc/hosts.

I mean, really, how complicated is control-flow logic? I can stuff all
the hosts in question that I need into /etc/hosts for lookup, but that
seems pretty barbaric, and it would be nice to have a solution that
could be done locally rather than requiring network support.

Ed