[dns-operations] simple TCP/IP DNS benchmarking tool

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Tue Jul 2 11:43:48 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jul 02, 2013 at 11:52:53AM +0100, Kareem Ali wrote:
> Hi Bert,
>
> Thanks for developing this tool. I'm trying to test how it works.
> How can I specify what input file to use with it ?

Hi Kareem,

It currently reads from standard input. However, since people might want to
read from named files, please find:

https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/commit/74f463aff9f05f4bda0d367702fa75ce80c7348f

The build instructions below still apply; however, we now also ship a
'pdns-tools' package that contains this and a bunch of other tools:

dnswasher: remove IP addresses from a DNS pcap file
dnsscope: provide query/response timing stats from DNS pcap file
dnsbulktest: send out many parallel queries to validate resolver performance
dnsdist: simple high performance UDP/TCP DNS load balancer
dnsreplay: replay existing DNS pcap files to compare nameservers
dnstcpbench: stress out nameservers over TCP/IP

https://autotest.powerdns.com/job/auth-git-semistatic-deb-amd64/533/artifact/pdns-tools_0.0.20130702.4317.74f463a-1_amd64.deb
https://autotest.powerdns.com/job/auth-git-semistatic-rpm-amd64/529/artifact/pdns-tools-0.0.20130702_4317_74f463a-1.x86_64.rpm

https://autotest.powerdns.com/job/auth-git-semistatic-deb-i386/539/artifact/pdns-tools_0.0.20130702.4317.74f463a-1_i386.deb
https://autotest.powerdns.com/job/auth-git-semistatic-rpm-i386/532/artifact/pdns-tools-0.0.20130702_4317_74f463a-1.i386.rpm