[dns-operations] DNS ANY requests / UltraDNS

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Thu Jan 10 16:46:31 UTC 2013

Chris Thompson <cet1 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Jan 10 2013, Tony Finch wrote:
> >
> > NSD I'm not sure about since the root servers that run NSD send
> > minimal truncated responses to ANY queries, and I don't know of other
> > handy NSD servers to test.
>
> The don't look like "minimal truncated responses" to me.

Did you try E K or L which run NSD? They sem to need an EDNS buffer size
of at least 788 bytes before they will return anything in the answer
section.

Tony.
Forties, Cromarty: East, veering southeast, 4 or 5, occasionally 6 at first.
Rough, becoming slight or moderate. Showers, rain at first. Moderate or good,
occasionally poor at first.