[dns-operations] A lot of CNAME queries for domain ?

Leo Vegoda leo.vegoda at icann.org
Thu Jul 5 16:35:58 UTC 2012

Hi Mohamed,

We have found that quite a few web site templating systems have
example.com/org/net in the default configuration and admins fail to change
this to whatever their own domain name is when they set the web site up.
That is one source of example.com queries, I am sure there are others, too.

Regards,

Leo