[dns-operations] A lot of CNAME queries for domain ?

Mohamed Lrhazi ml623 at georgetown.edu
Thu Jul 5 14:32:16 UTC 2012

Hello all,

If this is not an appropriate question for the list, please accept
my apologies and please suggest a better one.

I just started administering DNS for my organisation and I notice in the
query logs a lot of queries of type CNAME for our domain, say, example.com

We do not have such a record and so these queries get an empty answer.

I am just curious what applications out there would be generating such
queries... Please note that we do have an MX record for the domain and also
an A record.

Thanks a lot,
Mohamed.