[dns-operations] Resolver operation an expired domain

Chris Thompson cet1 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 27 11:33:34 UTC 2011

On Jan 27 2011, Frank Bulk wrote:

>Any A record you query against that NS returns 209.62.105.19. =)

Except for names inside pendingrenewaldeletion.com, in which case they
return 205.178.189.51. Just a couple of wildcards, apparently.

I have also seen lots of format errors in my logs resulting from
attempts to look up AAAA records at these servers - indeed any
record type except A seems to result in such errors.

--
Chris Thompson               University of Cambridge Computing Service,
Email: cet1 at ucs.cam.ac.uk    New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QH,