[dns-operations] hays.co.jp resolution issues

Josh Smith juicewvu at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 14:06:13 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

Can someone please verify if you are able to resolve hays.co.jp.

I am seeing some fairly strange results when querying this domain:

I:\>host -t any hays.co.jp
hays.co.jp descriptive text "v=spf1 mx ptr ip4:221.186.145.160
mx:mail.hays.co.jp ip4:202.213.208.17
7 -all"
hays.co.jp mail is handled by 10 mail.hays.co.jp.
hays.co.jp has SOA record dmztermserv. hostmaster. 46 900 600 86400 3600
hays.co.jp has address 221.186.145.160
hays.co.jp name server ns2.hays.co.jp.
hays.co.jp name server ns1.hays.co.jp.

I:\>host -t ns hays.co.jp
hays.co.jp has no NS record

I:\>host ns1.hays.co.jp
ns1.hays.co.jp is an alias for ns1.hays.co.jp.

Also if there is anyone onlist from hays.co.jp I would appreciate it
if you could contact me to work through the issues.  I have attempted
to reach out to the responsible person in your SOA record but email to
that address bounced.

Thanks,
--
Josh Smith