[dns-operations] New subscribers

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Wed Dec 29 14:41:29 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 10:27:26PM +0000, Griffiths, Chris wrote:
> I like the idea of adding a startup version check to show the latest
> version of the software and if there is a need to upgrade.  I think this
> would be a positive addition to BIND.

It is probably obvious, but anyone else considering this might want to
ponder using DNS for this purpose, since it stands to reason that a DNS
server will be able to talk DNS. Who knows what might be blocked.

PowerDNS actively considered doing such update checks, but we haven't yet
gotten round to it.

	Bert