[dns-operations] IPv6 PTR records

Wayne MacLaurin wayne at dns-oarc.net
Fri Dec 17 15:16:25 UTC 2010

That's an excellent question !

I seem to recall a heated debate at the RIPE meeting in Rome back in November.     It would seem that most people wish PTR was never invented and it causes more grief than its worth.    A few folks seemed to be resigned to having to do PTR for MTAs and other services that have built-in requirements but most would like to see the entire concept go away….

Anybody else, who's rolling out IPv6 on a large scale, have any comments ?

Wayne MacLaurin
Executive Director, DNS-OARC
wayne at dns-oarc.net