[dns-operations] The possible problems after May 5th

Paul Vixie vixie at isc.org
Fri Apr 9 06:29:57 UTC 2010

> From: Olaf Kolkman <olaf at NLnetLabs.nl>
> Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 07:52:14 +0200
> In other words, I do not see why an example of TCP fallback not working
> in production configuration is relevant when in that production
> configuration UDP works fine, all the time?

on the one hand, if you're never setting TC, then nobody should be trying
TCP/53 on you.

on the other hand, if someone else is UDP/53 blocked and TCP/53 is their
only way out, do you want to deny them service?

ideally responders would all support both, and initiators would try UDP/53
first, and everything would just work.

we're arguing because some people don't want to do that.