[dns-operations] The possible problems after May 5th

Matthew Dempsky matthew at dempsky.org
Fri Apr 9 06:44:32 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 11:29 PM, Paul Vixie <vixie at isc.org> wrote:
> on the other hand, if someone else is UDP/53 blocked and TCP/53 is their
> only way out, do you want to deny them service?

I'd like evidence that these users actually exist before worrying
about anything on 'their' behalf.  Considering how broken their
Internet experience would be, I'm highly skeptical.

(I might count China's UDP DNS traffic filtering, but I'm sure the
Great Firewall sysadmins would either block or similarly filter TCP
DNS traffic were its use to become prevalent as a workaround, so it
seems moot.)