[dns-operations] UPDATED ROOT ZONE FILE: 2008-05-26-01

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Tue May 27 01:29:34 UTC 2008

On May 26, 2008, at 6:16 PM, John Palmer (NANOG Acct) wrote:

[ I can't believe I'm falling into this trap! ]

> Oh, I find it amusing that you call 4 people "a significant number
> of users".

I'm guessing the rest, like me until now, were hoping your noise would
go away without everyone having to create _even more noise_ about it.

 From your other mail:

> These updates are notices of changes to remove/adjust the dead/
> misconfigured
> TLDs from the zone. It is VERY important that these notices get
> widespread
> visibility since TLD holders need to be informed of updates/changes
> that
> affect their customers.

Since it's so very important then no doubt those TLD holders will be
subscribing to your list to get this very important information.

> This data is not in the DNS except in TXT records [....]

Quite some record keeping there!

Why does the poor management of your private root zone force the rest
of us to waste time with your mails about it?

> So, what is the consensus: A short notice each month with a link to
> the
> change log?  I get the impression that folks don't like the long
> version.

The consensus seemed to be pretty clear that everyone (but you) would
be just fine with you not ever posting to this list again about your
root zone.

  - ask