[dns-operations] Seeking input regarding TTL value for infrastructure RRs

Lixia Zhang lixia at CS.UCLA.EDU
Wed Mar 21 17:12:03 UTC 2007

Per Steve's suggestion, I attached the slide set we presented at
DNSOP WG below.  We seek your input to the following 2 questions:
- would you think setting a longer TTL value for infrastructure RRs
(all NS and their A RRs) is a good idea for improved DNS availability?

- are there cases where a short TTL value for infrastructure RRs deem
necessary?  If so how short do they have to be?

We would appreciate any and all inputs you can offer us!

Lixia