[dns-operations] charter, sitefinder, opendns (slashdot today)

Paul Vixie paul at vix.com
Thu Feb 15 22:35:13 UTC 2007

> Charter is now stepping on my turf by returning answers I did not approve
> of.  ...  Could a domain owner sue for copyright infringement in this case?

i think it would be very hard for a domain owner to quantify let alone prove
their damages.  but a class action lawsuit might be feasible.  trouble is,
the precedent if the suit was won would be applicable against even opendns
who has an opt-out policy for their NXDOMAIN remapper.  is that what we want?