[dns-operations] charter, sitefinder, opendns (slashdot today)

Sam Norris Sam at ChangeIP.com
Thu Feb 15 20:33:58 UTC 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Duane Wessels" <wessels at packet-pushers.com>

> How long until domain/content owners realize that its better
> to have a wildcard than to return NXdomain?
>
> DW

This was exactly my thought.  Although, in most cases, I want an NXDOMAIN so
the appropriate action can be taken by software.  Charter is now stepping on
my turf by returning answers I did not approve of.  Charter (and others that
do this) should instead customize the stupid users browser and not break
DNS.  Could a domain owner sue for copyright infringement in this case ?

Sam