[dns-operations] New DNS patent will save the world...

Gadi Evron gevron at ca.afilias.info
Thu Dec 6 08:07:34 UTC 2007

RVaughn wrote:
> David Ulevitch wrote:
>> This crossed my desk today:
>>
>> http://www.darkreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=140407&print=true
>>
>> :-)
>>
>> -David
>>

> The exact mechanism thereof remains a mystery to me as does my
> elevation to 47th level dungeon master;)

The DM or GM (depending on game) has no levels, s/he is all powerful.
Are you trying to be smart again?
I told you, I am not a geek! I am a level 12 Paladin.

As to the mechanism, I see three options:
1. Passive -- look into what you get (fingerprint client/OS? See what
they said about web servers in article)
2. Indirect -- query an outside source (RBL?) for user and/or resolver
(see what they said about suddenly using a different server)
3. Direct -- have them sign an agreement letting you scan them.

May as well patent it. I had no idea DNSstuff was not longer a private
tool website, but it does explain the changes that have been happening
there.

	Gadi.