[dns-operations] New DNS patent will save the world...

Simon Waters simonw at zynet.net
Wed Dec 5 09:30:10 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 05 December 2007 01:06, David Ulevitch wrote:
> This crossed my desk today:
>
> http://www.darkreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=140407&print=true

A system to tell from your website if the DNS on a visitors system has been
compromised?

Great it will allow me to know when visitors to my website might have been
compromised whilst visiting other peoples websites. Perhaps I can open a
pop-up saying "Your PC has been compromised, download our antivirus software
to solve this problem" - or did I miss something ;)

Scarily I looked at the log files on one of our webservers, and a 1/3rd of IP
addresses contacting port 80 were involved in some sort of abuse of our
service. Okay that includes the AOL proxies, but still....