[dns-operations] dnscap -> dnspcap, and some notes about ncap

Andrew Sullivan andrew at ca.afilias.info
Tue Aug 21 14:00:05 UTC 2007

On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 02:48:43PM -0700, Joao Damas wrote:

> -u port : TCP/UDP port to capture traffic on

Is the "u" for "UDP port"?  It's a little unintuitive to me -- -P
would be better, perhaps, though I have no strong feeling about this.

> -s direction

This one is similarly unintuitive, and -d doesn't seem to be in use.
Also, unlike -p, this one doesn't line up with tcpdump.

<andrew at ca.afilias.info>                              M2P 2A8
jabber: ajsaf at jabber.org                 +1 416 646 3304 x4110