[dns-operations] dnscap -> dnspcap, and some notes about ncap

Robert Story rstory+dnsops at sparta.com
Tue Aug 21 14:03:04 UTC 2007

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 14:48:43 -0700 Joao wrote:
JD> And so, this is the new proposed set of command line switches (the
JD> changes) and we would like to collect any comments people might have
JD> on them.
JD>
JD> -u port : TCP/UDP port to capture traffic on
JD> -p : promiscuous capture
JD> -r input file

I'd suggest trying to keep in line with common command line options for
many other programs, and would change :

 -p port : TCP/UDP port to capture traffic on
 -i : input file

If the command is going to take and interface command, then maybe -i
would be reserved for that, in which case I'd suggest -f for input file.

Using p for port means you need something else for promiscuous, so I'd
suggest :

 -P : promiscuous capture

--
Robert Story