[dns-operations] "Cybercrooks exploiting new Windows DNS flaw"

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at cisco.com
Fri Apr 13 20:48:13 UTC 2007

On Apr 13, 2007, at 1:44 PM, Stasiniewicz, Adam wrote:

> But not one of them are running external Windows DNS servers.  I am
> referring to those small and medium size companies who use Windows
> for their internal and external DNS.  As those will be the only
> people who would make a Windows DNS server Internet accessible

Again, this is an unsupported assertion, as are the other assertions
about firewalls and about filtering policies.

We simply cannot make such sweeping generalizations (well, we can,
but their probative value is nil).

;>

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at cisco.com> // 408.527.6376 voice

         Words that come from a machine have no soul.

                       -- Duong Van Ngo