[dns-operations] "Cybercrooks exploiting new Windows DNS flaw"

Peter Dambier peter at peter-dambier.de
Fri Apr 13 21:29:42 UTC 2007

Stasiniewicz, Adam wrote:
> Yes, if you are an ISP, registrar, DNS host, large company, etc.  But
> not one of them are running external Windows DNS servers.  I am
> referring to those small and medium size companies who use Windows for
> their internal and external DNS.  As those will be the only people who
> would make a Windows DNS server Internet accessible.

Oh, they do exist.

Small companies, hosting some 20 to 50 domains,
resolving for a vlan or even open resolvers.

I know at least two of them.

And they cannot use anything else but Microsoft because of
Active Directory or stuff like that, they say.

Kind regards
Peter and Karin Dambier

--
Peter and Karin Dambier