[dns-operations] DNS deluge for x.p.ctrc.cc

John Kristoff jtk at ultradns.com
Fri Mar 3 18:35:39 UTC 2006

On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 06:17:55AM -0500, Geo. wrote:
> It's been the root of a lot of problems, smurf, the sqlslammer worm, etc.
> That's really the root of this problem as well and I don't know of anything
> that will break if we get rid of the ability to spoof. The problem of a few

There are a set of applications that will break and are being used
for arguably useful purposes.  However, it could also be argued that
their collateral damage is acceptable.  Some NAT traversal techniques
and measurement applications such as the netmapper project done by
Cheswick and Birch come to mind.

John