[dns-operations] BGP feed

Gadi Evron ge at linuxbox.org
Mon Feb 27 21:36:08 UTC 2006

brett watson wrote:
> but again (from one of paul's early posts), who would sign up for a
> bgp or http feed to shun these servers?  i'm afraid if at least a few
> sufficiently large providers (or root-ops, or tlds), it won't be
> effective anyway.

Did we try?

I didn't see anyone really talking of this openly until the issue was
forced on NANOG and the mailing list was formed. Has anyone talked about
it openly since?

Knowledge is power, keeping it hidden when useless hurts. Same goes as
to efforts, not doing them just because they may not be the perfect
solution when they will indeed help is silly, if someone is willing to
spend the time.

That is some of what I learned of cooperation and drive in the security
world. Unfortunately, I am somewhat of an expert.

I'll sign up. Who's next? Let's find out. This is about business, you
may be surprised.

	Gadi.