[dns-jobs] Dublin, Ireland - J2EE Registry System Platform Developer - US DNS Corporation
jcronin at frsrecruitment.com
Thu Dec 20 16:06:37 UTC 2012
Our client, an industry leading domain registry US MNC, is establishing its European HQ in Dublin and is now looking to recruit a J2EE Registry System Platform Developer to work with its European operations team as it expands into the European market.
The company currently employs 20 people in the USA, and is looking to employ 20 technical staff in Dublin City Centre in the next couple of months.
The company is one of the leading international domain registry infrastructural organisations and puts the domain name registry in place for a number of top-level domains.
Supports the Senior Registry Systems Administrator by primarily focusing efforts on application/system development.
Works with a team of developers to design and implement updates to the SRS system.
Assists with the development and maintenance of technical support for rights protection mechanisms (RPMs) and abuse prevention and mitigation measures.
Assists the quality assurance team with performing system tests to ensure application stability prior to migrating any updates/patches to the production environment.
* Assists with gathering and implementing business and technical requirements to develop tools (e.g., reports) as necessary to meet business needs
* Monitor resource usage and application state
* Work with others to diagnose and fix application bugs
* Design and Implement system upgrades
* Backs up and restores the database
* Works with external vendors for technical support
* Reports to the Senior Registry Systems Platform Administrator
* Basic technical skills and operational knowledge of design, development and testing of registry systems to include Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP), the registry-registrar Shared Registration System (SRS), Internet protocol, name servers, systems and registry functional and performance specifications.
* Basic understanding of technical issues involving the Internet/Internet Industry experience and using an API specifications
* J2EE and Java development experience
* Familiarity with at least one scripting language (e.g. ruby, python, perl, etc.)
* Good fundamental and hands on knowledge of relational database design and operation
* Experience through full lifecycle of application development projects
* Experience working for a gTLD, ccTLD, or registrar would be advantageous
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Able to work independently
* Must be a quick learner
Send CVs to John Cronin at jcronin at frsrecruitment.com or call 00 353 1 834 0035
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the dns-jobs