[dns-jobs] Dublin, Ireland - QA Manager - US DNS Corporation
jcronin at frsrecruitment.com
Wed Dec 19 17:08:13 UTC 2012
Our client, an industry leading domain registry US MNC, is establishing its European HQ in Dublin and is now looking to recruit a Senior Quality Assurance engineer to lead its European QA operations as it expands into the European market.
The company currently employs 20 people in the USA, and is looking to employ 20 technical staff in Dublin City Centre in the next couple of months.
The company is one of the leading international domain registry infrastructural organisations and puts the domain name registry in place for a number of top-level domains.
The candidate performing Quality Assurance will work closely with technical and business staff to ensure all projects and initiatives meet quality standards and provide the intended benefits to the business.
The QA person will develop and execute clear, measurable quality criteria and test plans for all projects.
This position will work as part of a cross functional team on engagements to ensure timely solution proposal, engineering, delivery and cradle to grave support for the Application and System Portfolio.
* Responsible for setting up and maintaining a rigorous quality process
* Manage the QA/Testing functions throughout the lifecycle of projects
* Recommend testing approach for projects based on size, scale, complexity and business impact
* Administer bug-tracking system (Fogbugz)
* Ensure compliance with ICANN/IETF standards
* Engage directly with internal customers and technology groups to facilitate clear understanding of business needs and alignment with the test plan
* Influence project requirements and delivery timelines as needed to ensure quality and customer satisfaction
* Ensure testing covers end to end solution
* Define, establish, educate and enforce the use of QA standardized processes, tools and documentation to ensure consistency and quality across all Quality Control activities and technology solutions
* Develop, refine, and maintain all processes used by the quality assurance team
* Serve as QA/Testing champion at all levels of the organization by leading and advocating software and solutions quality throughout the organization
* Provide high level guidance to the architecture, design and implementation of QA automation systems and utilization of automated testing where appropriate
* Communicate with technical and non-technical people easily and interchangeably
* Utilize industry and competitive knowledge to apply the most current and appropriate ideas in a forward-looking manner to support the business and to anticipate new opportunities. This includes implementing best practices on an on-going basis
* Establish and maintain a productive and communicative working environment
* Stay informed about testing technology, trends, directions and uses in the industry
* Extensive knowledge of the software Quality Assurance/Testing domain including methodologies, tools and metrics
* Strong understanding of software engineering concepts, data management, systems integration, technical architecture, hardware platforms and development tools
* Solid understanding of SDLC and software development methodologies and standards
* Experience working in automated and manual testing
* Good experience of testing on Linux or Unix platforms would be advantageous
* Prior experience in network administration, infrastructure or applications support a plus
* 3+ years of experience in a Quality Assurance Management position
For more information, send CVs to John Cronin Recruitment Manager at jcronin at frsrecruitment.com
or call 00 353 1 834 0035 / 00 353 87 223 3328.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the dns-jobs