[dns-jobs] Dublin, Ireland - Networks Operations Manager - US DNS Corporation
jcronin at frsrecruitment.com
Wed Dec 19 17:06:51 UTC 2012
Our client, an industry leading domain registry US MNC, is establishing its European HQ in Dublin and is now looking to recruit a Network Operations Manager to lead its European operations as it expands into the European market.
The company currently employs 20 people in the USA, and is looking to employ 20 technical staff in Dublin City Centre in the next couple of months. The job is based in Dublin and there will be regular communication with the States but very little travel.
The company is one of the leading international domain registry infrastructural organisations and puts the domain name registry in place for a number of top-level domains.
Manages network operations, network management systems, and maintains the system architecture once established.
Maintains computer hardware and network infrastructure for the registry.
Oversees system administration functions, hardware configurations, Virtual Private Network, firewall, and load balancer rules.
Responsible for maintaining secondary failover connectivity and database backup architecture, all network connectivity, and backup power supply.
The Network Operations Manager will:
* Identify potential issues with computer systems
* Introduce and integrate new technologies into existing data center environments
* Perform routine audits of systems and software
* Answer technical queries at tier three levels
* Responsible for overall system & application security policies and procedures
* Responsible for documenting the configuration of the system
* Troubleshoot any tier three problems
* System performance tuning
* Maintain the standards for server installations and applications
* Security Alerts Management
* Security incident management
* Ensure best practice data management
Knowledge of the Internet and Domain Name System / Mail Servers or an e-Commerce background is required
Experience with the following is highly desired:
* Dell servers
* Cisco switches
* Barracuda load balancers
* NAS storage devices
* Understanding of power consumption
* BGP routing
* Software, TOOLS, OS, & Languages
o Linux (RedHat, SuSe, Slackware) or Unix
o Korn/Bash/C Shell
o Veritas NetBackup
o C / C++
* Minimum 7 to 10 years experience in network operations with at least 2 to 3 years experience managing staff
* System Administration certifications are desireable
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a proven ability to compose clear reports, summaries and other written communication
* Able to work independently
* Must be a quick learner
Send CVs to John Cronin Recruitment Manager at jcronin at frsrecruitment.com
or call 00 353 1 834 0035 / 00353 87 223 3328.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the dns-jobs