[Collisions] Server status update

Wayne MacLaurin Wayne at demandmedia.com
Thu Aug 22 23:20:04 UTC 2013

Hi folks…

   On the call earlier this week, Chris Cowherd and I offered to lead the task of getting the first set of analysis done before we "open" the servers up to the wider OARC community; basically so we can maximize the effectiveness of the new hardware.

    If there are any suggestions on what that first set of analysis should contain, please forward it either to myself directly or to the list.   At the moment, we are leaning towards digging into the second-level domains that appear with the new gTLDs as that would seem to be a likely gauge of potential problems (given that dotless domains are verboten).

   A replacement chasis for the second server was shipped out this afternoon,  hopefully ISC can do the swap for us tomorrow.

[cid:D2AE771F-204B-4360-AA51-32872AD78736 at maclaurin.ca]
Wayne MacLaurin, SVP Technology
Demand Media | www.demandmedia.com<http://www.demandmedia.com/> | wayne at demandmedia.com<mailto:wayne at demandmedia.com> | 425.298.2260 | 425.503.1611 (c)