[Collisions] Server status update

Gavin Brown gavin.brown at centralnic.com
Fri Aug 23 16:21:45 UTC 2013

Hi Wayne,

>     If there are any suggestions on what that first set of analysis
> should contain, please forward it either to myself directly or to the
> list.   At the moment, we are leaning towards digging into the
> second-level domains that appear with the new gTLDs as that would seem
> to be a likely gauge of potential problems (given that dotless domains
> are verboten).

One metric which would be useful is also which networks queries come
from. If .TLD gets a bunch of junk queries, but all these queries come
from a single misbehaving resolver or network, that is a much easier
problem to fix than if they come from a large number of networks.

This was the data I initially planned to extract.

G.

--
Gavin Brown
Chief Technology Officer

CentralNic Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company
number 4985780. Registered Offices: 35-39 Moorgate, London, EC2R 6AR.