[org-algorithm-roll] Friday Update 2020-10-09

Howard Eland heland at afilias.info
Sat Oct 10 01:45:31 UTC 2020

All,

Here’s this week's update on algorithm roll for .ORG:

The old algorithm 7 KSK record has been removed from the DNSKEY RRSet
.The DNSKEY RRSet is no longer signed by the algorithm 7 KSK.
.
Referring to Figure 8 in RFC 6781 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6781#section-4.1.4>, .ORG was moved from “new DS” to “DNSKEY Removal” on Thursday, Oct 08 2020, and we are holding down.

We have noticed that the ZSK-based signature on the DNSKEY RRSet has re-emerged - we will address that next week, before the next zone re-sign.

Next week, we will remove the old algorithm 7 ZSK (and that spurious RRSIG).  The following week, we will complete the algorithm roll with the removal of the algorithm 7 based zone signatures.

Have a great weekend!

Best,
-Howard