[dsc] [EXTERNAL] DSC 2.8.1 Installation issues

Jerry Lundström jerry at dns-oarc.net
Fri Jul 12 07:19:14 UTC 2019

Hi Jack,

On 7/11/19 6:33 PM, Biesiadecki, Jack R. (ARC-IO)[ASRC RESEARCH &
TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS] wrote:
> Yes, I did install the dependencies (pkg install -y libpcap p5-Proc-PID-File). The interesting part is that I was able to update upto 2.6.0 without issue but 2.7.0 and newer fails.
> I also tried the install on a fresh install VM with the same issues.

We build and test for FreeBSD but only the latest stable (12.0) and it
works fine there.

The problem you have on 11.2 is because of where libpcap is installed
and it can't find the right headers.

Use these options to configure should solve your problem:

  --with-extra-cflags="-I /usr/local/include"
  --with-extra-ldflags="-L/usr/local/lib"

I've also fix a bunch of compile warnings that's FreeBSD 11.2 specific
and added documentation about these configure options:

  <https://github.com/DNS-OARC/dsc/pull/207>

Cheers,
Jerry