[dsc] Problem with CentOS 8

Jerry Lundström jerry at dns-oarc.net
Mon Dec 30 08:09:07 UTC 2019

Hi Eduardo,

On 2019-12-29 23:48, Eduardo Duarte wrote:
> I'm trying to install DSC on a CentOS 8 machine and I'm getting the
> following error:
> /"unable to activate pcap thread: libpcap error"
>
> /But libpcap is installed on the machine.
>
> //
> Does any one as any idea about this problem?

This is not an error about if you have libpcap installed or not, this is
more a problem with opening the interface and/or setting it to
promiscuous (yes, error message is weak due to libpcap not giving back
any reasons for some issues).

Do you have anything in your syslog/dmesg?

Does `tcpdump -i <interface>` work? (it basically opens the interface
the same way using libpcap)

Cheers & happy new year,
Jerry