[dsc] Introducing DSC DataTool

Jacques Latour jacques.latour at cira.ca
Fri Jun 17 17:35:10 UTC 2016

Pretty cool! :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: dsc [mailto:dsc-bounces at dns-oarc.net] On Behalf Of Jerry Lundström
Sent: June-17-16 11:30 AM
To: dsc at dns-oarc.net
Subject: [dsc] Introducing DSC DataTool

Greetings,

A while ago I started looking into using Grafana for presenting DSC data [1] and this week I had the time to re-factor my "hack" to become more of a general tool for doing things with the DSC data.

    https://github.com/DNS-OARC/dsc-datatool

This tool is written in Perl and will have input modules that reads data from various sources and converts it into Dataset objects [2] which then get passed to the output modules.

As a start I will write input modules for the current XML, JSON and extracted DAT formats and for output focus will be for Carbon and InfluxDB which Grafana can read from.

In the future there is also a possibility to add a transformation layer that could for example merge/aggregate multiple nodes or change the metrics from 1 minute interval to 5 (or whatever you want).

Please note that nothing is really working yet but I am hopeful to get things working next week and you can follow the progress on GitHub and a test site I have put up for this.

    https://dev.dns-oarc.net/dsc-grafana/

Stay tuned, more to come!

Have a great weekend,
Jerry