[dsc] multiple local addresses

Duane Wessels wessels at measurement-factory.com
Tue Nov 6 00:01:19 UTC 2007

On Mon, 5 Nov 2007, Chris Chamberlain wrote:

> I am trying to specify 2 IPv4 addresses in dsc.conf, and the
> documentation says to separate multiple addresses with whitespace.

This form is not supported.  I didn't see where the documentation
says you can use whitespace separated entries on a single
local_address line.  Can you point it out out me?

You'll have to list each address separately, as you did here:

> local_address 141.210.8.2;
> local_address 141.210.8.3;
> local_address ::1;

The collector code uses a singly linked list to hold the local
address information.  That means you should be able to specify as
many as you need.

If you have some local addresses that receive more traffic than
others, you should order them starting with least popular to most
popular.

Duane W.