[dns-operations] OARC 44 Call for Contribution

Rebecca Petro rebecca at dns-oarc.net
Tue Sep 10 14:01:30 UTC 2024

OARC 44 Call for Contribution

* PLEASE NOTE:* This Call for Contributions is for OARC 44, February
2025. We are posting it in advance, prior to OARC 43, to give
contributors plenty of time to submit. The OARC 43 programme is already
finalized, and we look forward to seeing you there.

*Date* - 6-7 February 2025
*Location* - Atlanta Marriott Marquis - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
*Time zone* - approximately 09:00-17:00 UTC -5 (TBC)
*Partnered/co-located with* - NANOG 93

*Submission requirements*

  - Topic must be related to DNS
  - 10 or 20 minutes (there will be additional 5 min of Q&A following
each talk)
  - Will be broadcast live and recorded for future reference
  - Presentation slides will be publicly available before, during and
after meeting

*Acceptance Criteria*

  - Proposal should be at a high technical level suitable to the audience
  - Submissions should include draft slides or at least detailed
description of the proposed talk content
  - PC might require improvements to slides before and after talk acceptance

*How to submit*

  - Submission deadline: *2024-12-02 23:59 UTC*
  - You will need to create an account in the Indico system
  - A Step-by-Step guide to submitting in Indico can be found here:
[Submitting a Contribution] <https://bit.ly/49GftMx>

*Suggested Topics*

All DNS-related subjects and discussion topics are welcome!

Here’s a non-exhaustive list of ideas:

  - **Operations**: Any operational gotchas, lessons learned from an outage,
    details/reasons for a recent outage (how to improve time to recovery,
    tooling), interoperability concerns and experience.
  - **Deployment**: DNS config management and release process.
  - **Monitoring**: Log ingestion pipeline, analytics infrastructure,
anomaly detection.
  - **Scaling**: DNS performance management and metrics. Increasing DNS
server efficiency.
  - **Security**: DoS experience, attacks on the DNS, DNSSEC signing and
validation.
  - **Privacy**: Encrypted transports, qname minimization, data
anonymization.

*
Workshop Milestones*

  - CFP submissions open in Indico: now
  - Deadline for Submissions: 2024-12-02 23:59 UTC
  - Preliminary list of contributions published: 2024-12-17
  - Remote speaker rehearsal: 2025-01-07 TBC
  - Deadline for slides submission - no changes possible: 2025-01-23
23:59 UTC

*Relevant Links*

  - [Registration page and details for presentation
submission]<https://www.dns-oarc.net/oarc44>
  - [How to Submit a Proposal for the Workshop]< https://bit.ly/49GftMx>
  - [Contact information (who to contact for what)]
<https://indico.dns-oarc.net/event/52/page/310-who-do-i-contact>
  - [Guidelines for presentation
slides]<https://www.devconf.info/cz/speakerguide/>

----------

If you have questions or concerns you can contact the [Programme
Committee]<https://www.dns-oarc.net/oarc/programme> via
submissions at dns-oarc.net.

For OARC 44 we are open to sponsorship, patronage and donations to fund
the Workshop and associated events. Please contact sponsor at dns-oarc.net
if your organization is interested in becoming an OARC 44 patron.

(Please note that OARC is run on a non-profit basis, and is not in a
position to reimburse expenses or time for speakers at its meetings.)

--

Rebecca Petro
Administrative Coordinator

Sign up for an account at https://MastoDNS.net/ <https://MastoDNS.net/>
for some serious Tech Talk.No frills, just pure DNS excellence.

We are looking for more Sponsors and Patrons to help keep our mission
going strong. Sponsorship and Patron opportunity information is
available at Workshop Patronage & Sponsorship
<https://www.dns-oarc.net/workshop/patronage-sponsorship>