[dns-operations] Namecheap fails to ingest existing DS on transfer in

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Mon Jul 22 18:10:07 UTC 2024

> On 21 Jul 2024, at 18:24, John W. O'Brien via dns-operations <dns-operations at dns-oarc.net> wrote:
>
> I confirmed this with a domain under US and another one under COM. At least one other registrar, Porkbun, handles DNSSEC correctly when transferring a domain in. Namecheap support says that I am expected to set up DNSSEC afresh when transferring in and would not commit to implementing a fix/improvement.

This does not appear to be a protocol matter that’s within the IETF’s remit. It’s not at all clear to me what you want the WG to so here - or why it’s needed.

If a registrar is doing bad/stupid/inconvenient things, don’t give them your business. For bonus points, I suppose you could go to ICANN and agitate for a registrar contract change.