[dns-operations] [Ext] Re: in-addr.arpa. "A" server "loopback network" misconfiguration

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Fri Jun 23 21:38:01 UTC 2023

Thanks

All the zones listed in RFC6303 (as well as any added to the registry subsequently) need to have insecure delegations. At the moment some do and some don’t. The simplest way to do this is to delegate to the same servers as those of the parent zone.  This keeps the traffic going to the same place and you have a known set of machines to touch (unlike AS112).

e.g.

127.in-addr.arpa NS a.in-addr-servers.arpa.
…
127.in-addr.arpa NS f.in-addr-servers.arpa.

Where the zone contents are just the SOA record and the NS RRset.  This is also the minimalist change that needs to be made.
--
Mark Andrews