[dns-operations] [Ext] Re: in-addr.arpa. "A" server "loopback network" misconfiguration

Kim Davies kim.davies at iana.org
Fri Jun 23 16:38:25 UTC 2023

Hi Mark, Hi all,

Quoting Mark Andrews on Friday June 23, 2023:
> There should be an insecure delegation for 127.in-addr.arpa. In the in-addr.arpa zone. IANA have instructions from the IETF to do this in RFC 6303.
> There has been a ticket open for years with IANA to correct the missing insecure delegations.

I looked into this in our ticketing system. Our practice is to review
all open tickets at least weekly until they are resolved, so there are
no tickets that are left open indefinitely without activity.

In this case, it looks like we communicated with the relevant IETF Area
Director and were advised to take no further action. Since it is now
almost 6 years later, happy to take a fresh look at this and see what
may need to be done.

kim