Enabling DNSSEC signing for pagerduty.com

Andy Smith asmith at pagerduty.com
Tue Jun 6 17:00:29 UTC 2023

Hi all,

We (PagerDuty) are in the process of enabling DNSSEC signing across
our domains, and today (June 6th) we’re planning to enable it for
pagerduty.com and associated subdomains (e.g. eu.pagerduty.com). Given
the potential impact and the large number of organizations using our
services, we thought it would be a good idea to let people know it’s
happening in case any problems occur. If you do see any issues, feel
free to contact me directly or support via support at pagerduty.com.

As an aside, we’ve talked with a few other organizations that have
enabled DNSSEC signing and have gotten a lot of useful information as
a result. We’d be more than happy to hear from other people who have
gone through the process and also to share what we’ve learned in the
future in case it helps anyone else!

Cheers,

Andy.
--
Andy Smith
Senior Site Reliability Engineer - SRE Cloud Infrastructure