[dns-operations] Query regarding my paid domain communityclinic.ga form freenom

Mark Rousell markr at signal100.com
Mon Jun 5 13:46:35 UTC 2023

On 05/06/2023 14:10, Amit Singh wrote:
> Dear Team,
>
> I have a domain "communityclinic.ga <http://communityclinic.ga>"
> purchased and managed by  freenom. From 4 june 2023, my domain failed
> to resolve its DNS through all major DNS providers across the globe.
> Due to which my domain went offline for all users.
>
> I raised a ticket with freenom today but they did not provide a single
> reply in that matter. I also opened an issue with google. They pointed
> me at this list for updates by stating that now gibbon will take over
> this TLD.
>
> I also see that 6 june is the date of change. But the domain  stopped
> working at all from 4 june. I don't see any further guide or way to
> reach the right team to look into the matter and help to resolve the
> issue.
> Can you guys pls look into this and assist me to resolve it.
>
> thanks
> AMIT KUMAR SINGH

There is a press release from the ultimate owners of the .ga domain
here: .ga domain names soon to return to Gabonese management (afnic.fr)
<https://www.afnic.fr/wp-media/uploads/2023/05/ga-domain-names-soon-to-return-to-Gabonese-management-1.pdf>

It is not clear to me what will become of all of the registered .ga
domains after the registry switch over.