[dns-operations] New addresses for b.root-servers.net

Robert Story rstory at ant.isi.edu
Fri Jun 2 17:44:09 UTC 2023

On Fri 2023-06-02 09:33:20-0700 Manu wrote:
> On Tue, May 30, 2023 at 9:35 AM Robert Story <rstory at ant.isi.edu>
> wrote:
>
> It seems those are live and ready to use, but I did not see in the
> announcement that people could start updating their root zone before
> 2023-11-27 and be sure to receive the same service level than with
> the old addresses.
>
> Could you clarify that those are indeed good to go and there is no
> need to wait for the renumbering date to update root.hints?
> Would it be worth clarifying this on the LACNIC announcement?

We are indeed testing with the new addresses, but it will not be
considered  production until 2023-11-27. The addresses and/or routes
may have brief or extended outages, so I wouldn't recommend switching
anything ahead of our announced dates for the cut-over.

Regards,
--
Robert Story
USC Information Sciences Institute <http://www.isi.edu/>